Saturday, October 17, 2015

Guest Post ~ Inspiration Behind My Latest Novel, Janet DeLee

Inspiration Behind My Latest Novel


I’ve had some uncanny experiences in bed and breakfast establishments and also a weird event in an old hotel in New Orleans that inspired my new series, starting with Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts
This series will be a combination of paranormal, inspirational, and mystery format, where I provide clues to help the reader solve the ghost perpetrator. I’ve always wanted to write mysteries and am fascinated with the possibility of ghosts. But intimidated by the sophisticated science of forensics, I decided that by using ghosts the tracking down of clues and solutions would be wide open to imagination and that was the course I decided to follow.
I don’t consider myself psychic, but for whatever reason ghosts have sometimes acted out around me. An example would be one day last year when the Roger Miller song “King of the Road” popped into my head. My brother died in 1992 and this was his favorite song. I thought, “What is going on?” I felt as if he was trying to tell me something but I couldn’t guess what it was about. An hour later I got a message from one of his friends. They had been out to the cemetery but couldn’t find his grave, and they wanted to know how to find it. It was as if my brother knew what was going on and was trying to give me a heads up. Pretty cool. 

I plan to work in some of these interesting experiences in my future books and let my hyperactive right brain have free rein to embellish as needed. And who knows what sorts of things exist that we just haven’t put a label on yet? Perhaps the energy that animates us all is like any other form of energy, as in radio waves or microwaves, invisible to the eye but ultimately quantifiable. I hope I’m still alive when that happens, or else I’ll make it a goal to relentlessly haunt a scientist until he or she gets curious and starts working on it.

~ Janet DeLee, author of Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts 

No comments:

Post a Comment