Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Book Review ~ Wait (Fast Series #2) by Ryan Ringbloom

 


Title: Wait (Fast Series #2)
Author: Ryan Rinbloom
Release Date: October 28th 2013
Published By: Ryan Rinbloom
Page Amount: 200 pages, e-book

GoodReads Blurb: 
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to wait. High school is over and Tessa is done with the drama. She wants to wait. So what? Does that mean she’s destined to never be with anyone? Probably.

Sometimes it’s possible to wait too long. Cassie’s best friend just tried to kiss her. He should have tried a year ago. Not now. Does that mean that they can’t still be friends? Maybe. 

Tessa Jameson is determined not to fall victim to the same mistakes of her past. And after meeting Tucker, she’s going to need all the help she can get.

Cassie DeMarco refuses to give her heart up to someone who is about to leave and start the next chapter in his life. So this summer it’s time to forget Mark, and focus on finding a fling instead. 


*Warning Mature Content*

Review:
I read the first book in this companion series and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed this one even more. 

I liked learning about Tessa, a character that made appearances in book one but who we did not learn much more about. She was basically the school b*$%t in high school, but in this book she is consciously trying to change that. We also have Cassie. Cassie and Tessa are counselors at a summer camp and are sharing a cabin together. Things absolutely do not get off on the right foot with these two. But over the course of the book the two of them grow to become friends. I really enjoyed reading about the friendship between these two. The two male characters were great "leads" as well. The dynamic with the girls and the issues the way that they dealt with the issues that they came upon felt very real for them. 


The story was of course very good and I loved the camp setting. But I think what really makes these books is the characters. I'm a really character driven reader and writer so when the characters feel real to me I get the most out of the story. I would definitely recommend this book for fans of young adult, new adult and romance. I gave it 4.5 stars! 

<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment