Monday, June 30, 2014

Book Review ~ Fast (Fast Series #1) by Ryan Ringbloom

 

Title: Fast (Fast Series #1)
Author: Ryan Ringbloom
Release Date: August 12th 2013
Published By: Ryan Ringbloom
Page Amount: 254 pages, e-book

GoodReads Blurb:
Senior Year in high school goes by fast. Young hearts fall in love and mistakes are made...by everyone. 


Sometimes everyone is guilty of going a little too FAST! 

Review: 
I was introduced to this series because of 'meeting' Jennifer Weiser (http://jenniferweiser.blogspot.com). Ryan Ringbloom is her best friend and so I decided that I had to check out this series. I'm really glad that I did. 

I really enjoyed this book. I like that it had different points of view. This books follows the relationship of two potential couples. In Part One it alternates between the two female characters so that you get to see what they're thinking throughout it. I was surprised when Part Two the points of view were now of the two boys. But that was a great decision, I think. Now we get to see what these boys are thinking through all of this. I thought that it was great that we get to get insight into both sides here. 

I think that this book also portrays things in high school pretty realistically. With the cliques and the drama and the rumors et cetera. Something that I also liked was that the reader is given insight into these characters. Especially since it is first person. The reader really gets to see what is going through a character's head. So then, the reader gets insight into why the characters does what they do and why they are who they are. 

I also really enjoyed the romance in this book. There was also a twist I certainly did not see coming. I enjoyed that, as well. I'm currently reading the second book, Wait, and am also enjoying that one. I would definitely recommend this book. (And I'm guessing that I'll be saying that about the whole series). I give this book 4.5 stars! 

Note: Mature Content, for upper young adult audience. 

<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment