Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Music to Write By

First of all, the title for this post is inspired by the movie Titanic - one of my favorite movies. The Irishman in the movie (I can't remember his name) says "Music to drown by, now I know I'm in first class." That's always been one of my favorite lines. So this post is called Music to Write By. Now, moving on.

I love to listen to music when I write. There are writers that do and there are writers that do not. I am one of those that do. I do so to get myself motivated and to help get set the moods needed for certain scenes. There are certain artists, albums and songs that I do listen to often while I'm writing, though. I also really like listening to scores from movies and/or television shows as well as their soundtracks. Today I am going to share some of that music with you. 


(Images from Bing Image Search).


Artists:



Ed Sheeran. 


Adele.


Paramore. (This is their album Paramore - featured below). 


The Spill Canvas. 


Taylor Swift.


Demi Lovato. 


Breaking Benjamin.

Albums:










 

 



Movie/Television Show Scores and Soundtracks:












Songs:


Holding a Heart by A Girl Named Toby


Poison & Wine by The Civil Wars


A Drop in the Ocean by Ron Pope


Live Like You Were Dying by Kris Allen


Holding On and Letting Go by Ross Copperman


Hammers and Strings (A Lullaby) by Jack's Mannequin


Hate & Love by Jack Savoretti (featuring Sienna Miller)


Airplanes by B.o.B. featuring Hailey Williams 


Battlefield by Jordin Sparks 


The Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin


Rain by Breaking Benjamin


Call Me When You're Sober by Evanescence 


Roadside by Rise Against


The Good Left Undone by Rise Against


Complicated Questions by Finger Eleven


The Tide by The Spill Canvas


Same Love by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Mary Lambert 


Prelude 12/21 by AFI 


What music do you guys like to you listen to while you write? Or just what music do you like to listen to in general? Do you have any recommendations for me? I'm always up for new music! Let me know in the comments! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment