Friday, January 31, 2014

Books to Read Before April Camp NaNoWriMo 2014

This April I will be participating in the April Camp NaNoWriMo session. I'll be writing the first draft of a novel I'm calling Beauty of the Dark. But before I do this, there are some steps that I want to take - some preparing and planning. One of these steps (or several depening on how you look at it) is to read certain books before the April Camp NaNoWriMo session. It's already nearly February so I have cut my list down but depending on how fast I read I may be able to get to all of them. I've split my list into two. "Definitely" and "If Time". I thought that it would be interesting to share those books with you. 

Definitely:
Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice

The Productive Writer by Sage Cohen

Write Your Novel in a Month by Jeff Gerke

Writing Great Books for Young Adults by Regina Brooks 

Vampires: The Occult Truth by Konstantinos 

If Time:
Dracula by Bram Stoker

The Witching Hour (Mayfair Witches #1) by Anne Rice

Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family #1) by Melissa De La Cruz

Getting Things Done by David Allen (I will be reading this before the end of May though, for several reasons). 

So, for those of you who haven't read my rough synopsis for this project yet, what do you think this book is about? ;) I'll be doing more posts about my prepping and planning process for this book in the next couple of months. I want to post more about my writing and thought that this might be of interest. Enjoy! 

<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment