Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Sharing One of My Poems With You

First of all, Merry Christmas Eve! 

Now, I've never shared one of my poems with you on this blog and I wanted to do that. Later I'll be sharing a poem from Thousands of Mornings and later from Holiday Hospital Stay Poetry Collection 2012. But today, I'm going to share with you a rough draft of a poem that I just recently wrote. Within the last few days. I've never shared a rough draft of anything that I've written on my blog. The one that I'll be sharing today is an acrostic poem using the first letters of my name. Including: Amanda Leigh and my confirmation name: Teresa.  I've highlighted the first letter of each line in pink so that you can see them forming my name. Here it goes:

Amanda Leigh Teresa

Author of two poetry collections

making her dreams come true, giving

all she can

never giving up

daring to keep going

amanda will never stop.


Loving with

everything she's got

in a world where so many have

given up on love of all kinds

her efforts to make the world a little better will not stop.


To some, writing may not seem

enough to do this, but if she can

remind people to love and live

every day, then

slowly, people will remember 

and pass on the message.


<3 Amanda Leigh

2 comments:

  1. =) Love! Acrostic poems were always my fave (mostly because they're the only kind of poetry I can write with a bit of success lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I like acrostic poems too, although I've always found them difficult haha! Oh, come on, that's not true, I've read your poetry in Vox! :)

      Delete