Friday, November 1, 2013

A Writing and Event Update!!

I wanted to do a quick update on what's going on with me writing-wise! 

My Heart is Yours:

I'll be starting to type in edits this week. And then I will send off to some people for a read-over. While waiting I will work on my query and synopsis. Aftet I get the manuscript back I will edit accordingly. And then I will send out my query letter.

Secret Project:

I don't know if I mentioned it on this blog but I am working on a secret project. ;) All I'm going to tell you that I am co-authoring this one. ;) We worked on it recently. Not sure yet when this one will come out. 

Beauty of the Dark: 

I've decide that I'm going to tell this story in third person dual perspective. This project involves a vampire and a witch that fall in love. (There is also another vampire and a mortal)/ I've decided that I need to read some Anne Rice and Dracula for the vampire side of this. I've only read Young Adult vampire stories and I want to read more. Anne Rice is supposed to be particularly good at this type of writing. I'm planning to read Interview With the Vampire. As for witch reads I have another Anne Rice planned. Before and while reading these I will be doing free-writing in the perspective of the different characters. It's a good way to get into their heads and get to know them. I also want to read the book Writing Great Books for Young Adults. And then I will work on finishing the first draft of this. I'm thinking I'll do the April Camp NaNoWriMo 2014 to get the first draft done and then work on editing it. 

November NaNoWriMo 2013:

I'm still debating whether I'm going to participate in this with a different project. Maybe I'll work on my memoir/autobiography for November NaNoWriMo. I don't think I expect to get 50,000 words because it is a busy month. (My boyfriend is coming to visit). But I could still get a chunk of it done. Plus I've been meaning to write this. This might give me a push. So I'm considering it. 

Events:

Well, my two year blog anniversary is coming up on November 27th and I have something really exciting planned for that! :)

I'm also having a book signing!! January 11th 2014 at The Branding Iron in Peekskill. New York. A family friend (the owner of the restaurant) is organizing it. I will be signing copies of my poetry and photography Thousands of Mornings and my poetry collection Holiday Hospital Stay Poetry Collection 2012. I've included the synopses below. :)



Thousands of Mornings: Thousands of Mornings is a varied collection of poetry and photography. "Thousands of Mornings" is the first poem in the collection, written when Amanda Leigh was 20. The poems range from things she wrote at the age of 12 to the age of 20. Horses, family, friends, love. And then when she started experimenting a bit more with her poetry she wrote a couple of poems in dual point of view; "Broken Boys" and "Long Distance Call". The photography ranges from age 17 to age 20. If you asked Amanda to pick one theme for this collection she doesn't think that she could put her finger on it. It is a collection about love, faith, friends, family, hope, nature and dreams. It is about our Thousands of Mornings and how we should cherish them.

Holiday Hospital Stay Poetry Collection 2012: This poetry collection includes poems Amanda Leigh wrote after her hospital stay in December 2012. They are not pretty, fluffy pieces. They are sometimes graphic, sometimes silly, but they are real. These are some of the things Amanda was feeling then. She felt that it was important to get these real and raw thoughts out there. She wanted to keep the "loopy" quality of the poems; as they came from her head straight after she got home. She felt that they showed the state of her mind at the time better that way. It is so rarely discussed what staying in a hospital can actually be like.

That's what going on with my writing! What's going on with you guys? :)

<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment