Thursday, October 24, 2013

Book Review ~ The Prince (The Selection #0.5) by Kiera Cass

 

Title: The Prince (The Selection #0.5)
Author: Kiera Cass 
Release Date: March 5th 2013
Published By: HarperTeen
Page Amount: 55 pages, NookBook (I know the description doesn't say 55 but that is what my NookBook was).

GoodReads Blurb:
Before thirty-five girls were chosen to compete in the Selection...

Before Aspen broke America's heart...

There was another girl in Prince Maxon's life...


Don't miss this thrilling 64-page original novella set in the world of the New York Times bestselling novel The Selection. Also features a teaser to The Elite, Kiera Cass's hotly anticipated sequel to The Selection.

Review: 
The book The Selection ha been intriguing me for a while. The concept caught my attention. This is the prequel to The Selection. It has an excerpt of The Elite (The Selection #2) but since I haven't read The Selection I skipped over that part. 

I think that this serves as a great primer to The Selection. It is a very good set up. I enjoyed coming at this from the perspective of someone first being introduced to the series. Though I think that it would be good coming at this from the perspective of someone who has already read the other books. 


I like that this was told in a different perspective that the other books. I also enjoyed that this was a male perpecivte. There is not a lot of that going on in Young Adult. I thought that it was well done. I found myself thinking as I read this "That sounds like something that a man would say." (Sexist perhaps, but I couldn't help thinking it). 


I enjoyed Prince Maxon as a character as well. I found his awkwardness with women charming. It also made him more believable as a human being, so to speak, not just some perfectly poised prince. (Oooo, alteration. :) I think that it was good that I saw into his thoughts before I dive into the series. 


This didn't blow me out of the water but it was an enjoyable read. I would recommend this to any fans of The Selection series. I would say 3.5 stars! 


<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment