Monday, July 29, 2013

Beat the Heat Readathon!!

 

I came across a post about the Beat the Heat Readathon and thought it sounded interesting and like a good idea so I thought I would sign up! This Readathon sounded like a good fit for me because you just read as much as you want. And since I'm also taking a couple of classes this summer that sounded good to me. The Readathon is hosted by Auntie Spinelli Reads and Phantasmic Reads. To sign up for the Readathon just go to either one of their blogs and check out their post on the Beat the Heat Readathon. 

The Rules (as taken from the intro posts)
"- The Beat the Heat Readathon runs from July 29th through August 11th. What does this readathon entail, you ask? Well, read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for two weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!

- There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!

- Sign up at Auntie Spinelli Reads or Phantasmic Reads. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for our grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 5th.

- To join, all you have to do is make a sign-up post – even if it’s just a “Let’s do this!” thing – and add your post URL to the linky below! You can put your goals and progress (will be required for the final giveaway) in your sign-up post, or you can make it separate. Totally up to you! Feel free to copy and paste this handy little list for your post. We don’t mind. :)


- In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so we can see that you participated."

My Goals
Finish Taste the Heat by Rachel Harris 

Read 50 more pages in The Vampire Diaries: The Hunters: Volume 1: Phantom 

Since I'm taking classes I didn't want to set the goals too high. If I read more than that that's great. If I end up reading less, that's okay too. My main goal is to finish Taste the Heat. Are any of you participating in the Beat the Heat Readathon? What are your goals? Would you like to participate? Go on and sign up! :) And have fun! :)

<3 Amanda Leigh

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some good books lined up for the two weeks. I hope you are able to find the time to finish reading both of them. :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this! It is a great and fun project. And, great reading will make you an even better writer.... and you're already a pretty terrific and enthusiastic writer. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete