Saturday, April 20, 2013

Must Read Poetry!

Here is a list of what I consider to be Must Read Poetry! Poetry is one of my absolute favorite genres (as I'm sure you know)! I absolutely LOVE it!! So, here is the list:


1. Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson
Emily Dickinson is my absolute FAVORITE POET EVER!! Her poetry is so enigmatically beautiful! And it is so mysterious! I love it so much!


2. Collected Poems of Robert Frost
I'm reading this one now. Robert Frost wrote my favorite poem that was included in The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton. "Nothing Gold Can Stay". Robert Frost is a wonderful poet.


3. Howl by Allen Ginsberg
This book has a lot of profanity in it, but I think the poetry is wonderful. If you are 18 or over I think you should definitely read this book.


4. territories of folding by T. C. Tolbert
T. C. Tolbert came to read at a VOX event. They were selling these books. The poetry in it is wonderful. I have a review of this book posted as well.




 


5. All of Mattie J. T. Stepanak's books
These aren't all of his books. These are the ones I have. The poetry is so simple and so beautiful. 


6. Collected Poems of Maya Angelou 
Maya Angelou is someone you simply must have on your shelf! I've read some of the poetry and the image is wonderful and beautiful!

<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment