Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Book Review ~ Torment (Fallen #2) by Lauren Kate



Title: Torment  (Fallen #1)
Author: Lauren Kate
Released: September 28th 2012
Published By: Delacorte Press
Page Amount: 452 pages, Hardcover 1st edition

GoodReads Blurb:
Hell on earth.

That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel.

It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts - immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something - something dangerous.

What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

The second novel in the addictive FALLEN series...where love never dies.

Review:
I read this one this year. Just finished a few days ago actually. Like I said, I read the first one 3 years ago and really enjoyed it. 4.5 stars.

This one lost a little bit of that steam for me. I still enjoyed it though. Maybe part of the reason was that I was still sick while reading it. I also tried to read this a while ago and got about a 1/4 of the way through and stopped. I picked it up again and I got back into it.

The new characters were good and quirky and I liked the addition of them. Shelby and Miles were pretty great. Old favorites like Arriane and Roland came back too- which was fun.
 
Daniel and Luce start to face difficulties in their relationship in this one. Besides the whole cursed-for-eternity-reincarnation-thing.

Luce starts to realize they have immense issues actually talking thing out.

Luce also starts to learn more about her past lives and hopefully this will help her and Daniel rework their fate this time around.

I did still feel the love between them. It is such an intense love. I think I feel it more from Daniel though. And I am still dangerously drawn to Cam. Is it bad I'm drawn to a demon? lol.

I hear the next book is an account of Luce's and Daniel's past lives together. I'm really looking forward to learning more about that. Excited to read that one. I really hope this series is not a disappointment.

I gave this one 4 stars.

<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment